Well we thought we had good news to report....

But we don't. Here is what happened today. Tuesday is normally update day. And this morning when we got our weekly update it said: Good morning. According to Cinthya's weekly report your case has hit the Director's desk. I hope to have the date when it did by week's end.

Well we were jumping for joy. I cried for the better part of an hour so relieved that this journey was almost over. We called everyone and told them that the wait had an end in very near sight.

I started asking a couple questions about what happens next, how long do you think we will sit on his desk, etc...
My advocate seemed dumbfounded with why I thought I was so close to being out, my case was still with a reviewer, what was I talking about.

I then read to him the above statement that he sent to me and he says "Oh that was for another family that is not your update, I'm sorry." I hit the floor and the roof, I curtly said I can not and will not talk to you right now and hung up. Who in their right mind would tell a familiy that they are almost out of PGN knowing how long and painful the wait is, when they are not even close? We have had our problems in the past with this agency but nothing compares to this. We are currently trying to talk with the agency director.

So this weeks update is the same as the previous 6 weeks. Our case is in PGN and is waiting approval.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry you all have had to experience this incompetence. I know you must have been excited too death thinking it was almost over. What a let down!! Hang in there, it shouldn't be too much longer. Praying that you will get good news very soon.

Aunt Lib
Kim said…
I'm so sorry this happened to you guys. You know - I was so happy with our adoption with AHH. I guess it really helped that we didn't have direct contact with anyone at AHH (we went through another agency who was our point of contact) Hang in there - Meredith WILL come home. It will happen. I would definitely want to talk to someone about how you were communicated to. They really should be more careful with their updates. I'll be thinking of you guys!!!!
geoppinger said…
My prayers are with you! I know this is so hard and difficult. The trust and relationship are broken. Once the madness is over and Meredith is in your arms the difficult times will melt a little. We've had Mae for 10 months and it feels like a lifetime. All the hassels we delt with seem like a very distant dream (nightmare). I can only apologize and wish I was more adamant about my issues with AHH. I pray the time passes quickly.
Debra said…
I am so sorry to hear this, like its not emotional enough and then to get bad info on top of it.

We are at 8 weeks today with no news. Be strong, easier said than done I know.
CreekerMom said…
Veronica and Todd ((HUGS))
I think enough has been said, I am just going to keep praying and the person who sent you the email needs to be 'corrected' as you are dealing with more than just a plain old email... your hearts and emotions are in this 150% and more.

Just keep "looking" up and keep your eyes on HIM.

Love and friendship
Valerie

Popular posts from this blog

A riddle for you.....

We've made it past the 7 week mark....

Busy Busy Weekend..