My first day at daycare....

Today was Meredith's first day at daycare. Todd and I both went to drop her off and as soon as we got to her room Ms. Liz took her and Meredith turned to me and Todd and gave us the cheesy face, as to say you can leave now.

That was 7:45 am.

Todd and I headed off to work just waiting for our cell phones to ring being the daycare telling us to come and get her. But as we wait the call never came. I finally couldn't wait any longer and at 9:53am I called to check on her. The director said that she hadn't cried at all and she ran to the room to look in on her and she just started crying because someone took her block.

At 1:00pm I leave work so that I can pick up Meredith sparing her from a full day her first day. I got to the daycare and Meredith is asleep on her cot. Ms. Liz asked me to come back at 2 because that is when nap time is over. So off I head to the house to load the dishwasher and eat some lunch.

At 2:00pm I returned and there she sat all smiles and ready for snack time.

Ms. Liz said she ate really good and had some difficulty with the sippy cups. We knew this would be a problem because Meredith only likes cups with straws. So I've been given special permission to bring Meredith's sippy cup from home. But other than that everything went great. Now as for tomorrow, it all my be different when she realizes that we are leaving her again. We'll just have to wait and see.


Here is Meredith getting ready for her first day of daycare. Thanks Aunt Lib for this really cute outfit.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Veronica, what a great transition she has made!
I am sure it is because of you and Todd and your loving parenting ways. :)

We want to come and visit and finally get to meet Meredith.
Email me and let me know when is a good time.
We also could do the zoo or a splash park that Roxanne had shared with us last summer.

Valerie~
Kim said…
I'm sure daycare was harder on you than it was on Meredith. ;) I'm glad the day was easy on her.
Rebecca said…
OH, I'm glad her first day at daycare was a good one!! She looks absolutely precious in that little outfit. I hope you guys have a great week!

Hugs,
Rebecca and Zachary
Anonymous said…
So glad to hear that Meredith did well today. I've been thinking about her all day long, hoping that she was doing good. I'm sure it was hard on you and Todd. Hopefully she will have a great week at daycare. She looks sweet in the outfit.

Aunt Lib
Alleen said…
I'm glad the first day is over for you.

She is ADORABLE in that last photo.

Popular posts from this blog

A riddle for you.....

We've made it past the 7 week mark....

Busy Busy Weekend..